Did Memorial Day sneak up on anyone else? I can't believe it is almost June! Last year Wes and I had the whole weekend planned out with a patriotic baseball game and all. This year we had no real plans, but luckily the weather drastically improved from Saturday.
Somehow I convinced Wes to take me to Coney Island! I have been telling him we should go down just for the experience. He was a great sport as we took our hour and a half train ride down. We stepped off and felt like we were in a fun house. The amusement park is right next to the train and the beach is just on the other side.
The park is much bigger than I thought and very exciting! I especially loved seeing the Island back to normal after Sandy. The beach is higher than it was before, but the amusement park, board walk, and store fronts are all up and running. I am always so proud to watch America rebuild after disasters.
We quickly wondered through the park to see the Ocean. There is just something so special about the beach, even if it is ridiculously packed. I made Wes sit down in the sand with me to just bask in the sun and look at the Ocean.
I love how close the amusement park and beach are! It makes the cutest little beach front atmosphere. Reminds me a little of Seaside (Seaside is still much better!).
This Wonder Wheel had two rows of carts. The inside carts move back and forth as the wheel goes around! It was so fun to watch.
We ended up running into some friends who had the same Memorial Day idea. Lucky for us, they convinced us to ride the Cyclone. I may get motion sick on rides and Wes may have a severe fear of heights, but we were told it was American of us to ride such an iconic roller coaster! Putting aside our sickness and fear, we bought our tickets and got in line. Despite the many opportunities to back out, including not fitting into the seat together (seriously... we didn't fit!! hahaha We had to wait for the next car and sit separately...), we conquered it!!!
Can you tell how proud we are?
So happy with ourselves, even if I still felt like I was moving...
The train ride may have been long and tiring, but we had a great Memorial Day together. I'm very lucky to have such a loving and accommodating husband. He goes along with my crazy ideas and makes sure that I don't miss out on anything I want to do.
Sadly, we had to go back to real life today but we have a lot of plans to enjoy the warmer weather... once it decides to actually be here (cold and rainy all day today...). I'm just wondering when Summer Break starts?

Oooh fun! I wanna go to a beach!!
ReplyDelete