Hello! Welcome back to our blog! Lets just say we went on a long winter hibernation. We had an exciting winter that involved a trip to Peru, Christmas, birthday's, a trip to DC, and a visit from my mom with another trip to Philly. Sorry I was lame about recording the fun, but we are back!
What are we up to now? We have come to enjoy the variety of NYC's Saturday Markets. Two weekends ago we braved the rain to check out our local farmers market in Inwood. We got the most delicious loaf of Challah bread! We then made our way down to Chelsea for a much larger market. We started with the most wonderful grilled corn on the cob!!
Can you see how happy I am? I love street markets! I found the cutest scarfs and a leather watch. It rained most of the day, but being two Oregonians it was nothing. The rain kept the crowds away which I always love.
We had so much fun that we found another market to go to this weekend! Unfortunately, the weather was not aware that we wanted to go to the Spring Memorial Day Street Fair. It was bitter cold with a sharp wind. We ventured on and walked through the park to get to the market.
How cool would it be to park police on horses???
The winter weather kept the market uncrowded again. I would've been okay with warmer weather and a few more people, but we still had a lot of fun!
We had the biggest gyro ever! Look at all that wonderful goodness.
Our plan was to go to see Star Trek after the market. We even braved Time Square to get to the theater. Within 30 seconds I remembered why I hate going into Time Square....
We fought up stream to see this awesome gem! Yes, that is a life size X-wing made out of legos, LEGOS!
They even had R2D2 and a Lego fighter! You could apparently sit in the X-wing if you waited forever.
We did not wait in line. Actually, we didn't even make it to the movie. We were on our way to the theater and may have froze on our four block walk. It was too tempting to just head down to the train and head home rather than continue to the theater. Maybe another time, when the weather doesn't think it is February. We finished our day watching Suits wrapped up in warm blankets. Does the weather realize it is almost June??
We are getting excited for it to truly get warm again (but are dreading the humidity...) so we can continue to enjoy the hidden gems of the city!
Stay tuned.


Can't believe you turned around and headed home! And don't tell Jell there are policemen who ride horses in parks. It'll be her new dream job :)
ReplyDelete