It happened. We finally got to go back to Oregon!! If you hadn't heard me complain, we hadn't been home in over a year and a half. It had been way too long and I was dying to be surrounded by the wonderfulness of the Pacific NW and most importantly, family.
Luckily, my Grandpa Berne turns 90 later this year and we decided to celebrate his life and his 60th wedding anniversary to my Grandma in July when everyone (except for Adam who is currently in India) could make it to Oregon. My cousin even flew home from Israel. The Berne clan all met in Bend/Sunriver to have way too much fun together.
My sisters family (4 kids and 1 adult), my brothers family (1 newborn and 2 adults), my parents (2 adults), and Wes and I (2 more adults) all stayed in my parents home in Bend. That came to a wonderful total of 4 kids, and 7 adults! I may be the only one who enjoyed all being under the same roof, but man did we have fun!
We had amazing lunches out in the backyard! (Oh to have a yard again!)
I got to finally meet and hold my brothers adorable little boy! I struggled putting him down.
We played in the pool for hours!!! My sisters two oldest girls are like fish! Wes enjoyed the pool because he claims he could never rough house with his brothers. These little girls loved their Uncle tossing them in the air.
The little ones even came out to swim with us!
He didn't swim, but he sure was happy watching!
Someone was a little nervous about getting sunburnt...
Little dude was pretty into squirting people. I could not stand how awesome he looked with the shark gun. He may have 3 sisters but he is boy through and through.

Most epic fighting stance.
Most epic fighting stance.
My cousin Elena and her two girls even came over to play. Even more girls to throw around!
The few moments we didn't spend in the pool we went biking. My dad and I used to go mountain biking for hours. It was fun to bring Wes on a couple of rides. It was so beautiful! I miss being able to hop on a bike and go for an amazing ride on the most gorgeous paths.
I was so happy being reunited with my bike!
The rest of the Berne clan stayed at a massive house in Sunriver. We went over one of the nights for a big family dinner. Aunt Rosie and my Mom surprised everyone with new Team Berne shirts (We had these when I was really little). It was such a fun addition to our reunion.
Oldest great-grandchild modeling her new shirt.
Grandpa with all of his grandsons (and youngest great-grandchild)
My grandparents with all their girls!
My Grandparents and all of the grand and great-grandchildren. What a beautiful group of people! Even if it is impossible to get a perfect picture of us all...
The original Berne clan
The next day the whole clan went up to Elk Lake to continue the celebration. We rented a pontoon boat, paddle boards, a kayak, and a canoe. We had the most beautiful weather with a perfect view of the mountain. It was honestly amazing. The whole week home I felt like I was on a different planet than the one NYC is on. Being at this lake was unbelievable. It is almost like I have forgotten places like this exist!
Baby G didn't even flinch when we brought her onto the boat. We have so many photos of her because she is so cute! We are totally going to have photo overload when we have kids...
Loving the sunshine!
Little Dude liked driving with his Bopa.
Look at how beautiful that view is!!
Grandma and Grandpa were so happy to have their whole family with them.
The whole gang on too few paddle boards.
J was so brave all day. She rode on the front of Aaron's board the whole time.
Bopa with Little Dude and Alisha finally got to try the boards
As you can see, we had a pretty amazing day on the lake. The lake was our last full day in Bend, but because we hadn't had enough fun we decided to go for a pony ride right before we left! The kids had gone last year too so J and M remembered the horses. Little Dude was excited to be near the ponies. He got super excited when his pony pooped!
M loved the blonde horse of course.
J talked Wes' ear off about horses. She has done extensive reading about them and is now an expert.
Next year the girls get to ride a real horse without anyone leading them!! They are so excited to do that. J couldn't stop talking about next year.
Bend was an amazing trip. It was filled with family time and such amazing weather. We were able to celebrate my Grandpa's life and spend time with family we haven't seen in years. Each day was packed full of family fun. There is nothing like Bend during the summer.
We couldn't believe how fun Bend was and then we went back to LO and continued the fun! Stay tuned for more Oregon Paradise.








First of all, I was looking at your picture at the top of your blog and I think it's hilarious that you are wearing a t-shirt and Wes is wearing a jacket and a hat. ha!
ReplyDeleteSecond, I'm no math expert but I'm pretty sure 4 kids + 1 newborn make 5 kids total sleeping under 1 roof, unless 1 of those 4 was sleeping outside ;)
Third, What a blast! It looks like an awesome trip. And picture overload? there are months that I feel like we didn't do anything special and I still somehow manage to have like at least 300 pictures. That's the problem with having cute kids! But I don't think when it comes to cute kids there is such a thing called picture overload :)
Good times! Such great photos!! When do I get my CD full of all of them? Adam wasn't the only one there by the way. I'm not always a single parent!
ReplyDelete