This was the first year I had to work on my birthday, but luckily I have great coworkers that made it special. They got me a cake and even lit one candle for me. It was funny since I was currently setting up ionto (treatment) on a patient when they started singing to me and brought the cake out!! The patients all even joined into the singing.
Luckily my birthday fell on one of my early days so I was out of work at 1:40. Wes being his amazing self planned a trip to the Coney Island Aquarium!!! If you know me like Wes does you'll know that I LOVE animals and get extremely excited to go to zoos and aquariums (see previous zoo post). It got even better when we realized that the aquarium is actually ON the beach. Yes, December doesn't make the best beach weather but it was still fun since I also love beaches. Needless to say, the trip was a success. He then brought me to a dinner at this Italian restaurant that was recommended by a coworker. The night ended with an ice cream cake from Baskin Robins! All in all, it was another wonderful birthday! Here are some pictures from the aquarium (sorry if there are a lot, remember I love animals...)
Yep this a performing sea lion!
He liked all the attention.
It was so cold they were shivering!
Did I mention it was freezing?
But still so excited to be there!
Coney Island was a success!
So sadly Wes' birthday happened to be the latest night he has ever had to stay for work... Needless to say it was uneventful, but somehow Wes was still happy with my lame happy birthday sign. All together our first winter in NYC was a wonderful success!!
Whoa. I know you like to stretch out birthday celebrations as long as you can, but this is getting out of control. Even for you. But alas, the water in the bathroom is running and Isaac is MIA, so I better go investigate. Don't ya think?
ReplyDeleteThe penguins shivering brought back memories of our trip to Missouri last year and the penguins shaking their butts... and best of all the team's imitations of it hahaha miss you!!
ReplyDelete