Two weekends ago I had to work Saturday morning so Wes met me after work to walk through this adorable artisan market right outside of my work. They are only put up for Christmas and were so fun to walk through.
We then went to the famous Macey's! All I can say is wow. The store is 9 massive floors! The coolest part is that the higher levels have the original stores escalators. They are so super old school wooden ones. The top two floors were completely Christmas (Wes adds that the whole store was pretty Christmasy), but these floors were pretty much only dedicated to Christmas. One floor had this entire winter wonderland that included Santa!!
We did not walk through the whole wonderland (really just the line) to see Santa, but we did get to peer into his house!
(Even caught him without anyone else!)
These were the windows outside Macey's. They bring "window shopping" to a whole new level.
We got our first stockings at Macey's. This is our NYC version of a mantel place...
After Macey's we headed to Home Depot to get our Christmas tree! Yep, we got ours at Home Depot. It was a very different experience then the usual tree lot just around the corner from my parents house. Luckily, they delivered!! We didn't have to go with our original option of bringing the tree onto the train with us. Here are the steps of making our Christmas tree ours!
Stand and cute skirt, also compliments of Home Depot.
It arrived all in one piece!!! We were SO happy with our choice (it is slightly hard to choose a tree that is all wrapped up). It fit just perfectly, and don't worry our heater is not turned on.
The final product! (Decorations compliments of our corner store "Deals." Oddest but also greatest store)
Lets just say I've never been so happy to wake up the next day and walk into our front room and be overwhelmed with the smell of our little (but really not so little) Christmas tree. Have a wonderful Christmas season!!
Bringing the tree home on the train would've made for a better story though :) And I really would've liked to see it. I love the tree smell too. Isaac would have you know though that the pine needles don't taste so good.
ReplyDeletecute! i'm so glad you have wes to make your first Christmas away from home a huge success. i'm loving your NYC Christmas! miss you!
ReplyDeleteAnna! I miss you lots! Are you ever going to come back to Utah and visit?... maybe on your way to Oregon. :) I hope you and Wes are well and enjoying the Big Apple.
ReplyDelete