Since moving to New York and realizing hair cuts for Wes cost WAY too much money, we had the same idea that if I can cut Wes' hair we could save even more. Neither of us would ever have to pay for professional haircuts again! So, we finally went to Costco and bought a hair cutting kit. I've always thought that cutting boys hair can't be THAT hard. Right? Wrong!
If you haven't already guessed, this first hair cutting experience didn't go as planned... But I have learned some lessons for the next time (and surprisingly there will be a next time!).
1. Don't cut your husbands hair if he actually cares what it ends up looking like. (Which really is the number one reason I'm SHOCKED he ever suggested that I should cut his hair. I think he loves me too much to realize it probably wasn't a good idea...)
2. Don't use the length the barber does. ("I always have a 4 on top, so don't worry. That is the length I want it." WRONG!)
3. Don't let your husband grab the razor and "fix" your "uneven" cutting.
4. Don't look down to see your husbands hair in the tub.... It only makes you realize how much you screwed up.
5. Don't put a mirror in front of your husband while cutting his hair. Just make it a fun surprise!
6. DO cut your husbands hair soon after a co-worker buzzed his head and your husband came home and said, "I want to buzz my head." It is easier to convince him you really didn't mess up!
7. DO follow the instructions and cut little bits of hair when you are first learning...
Oddly enough, we are going to try again once he needs a haircut again (which wont be for a long time...). Here are a before and after picture for your enjoyment.
The Before:
The After:
(Found out his hair gets soooooo blonde the shorter it is)
So it turned out a LOT shorter than intended... But he has been a wonderful husband and seen the good in it. He no longer has to style it in the morning!! Thats more time to sleep! I'm just glad he hasn't screwed up this bad with my hair :)
Luckily it's just hair and so grows back! Unlike a nose or something. Coop cuts his own and I trim up parts in the back, so if you need any advice he might have some!
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha love it! Did the same thing to Ben when we were first married, and I cried. It get's easier with time. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI love it! You are so funny Anna. And it's true, it really does get easier!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Remember he did say the word "buzz", and "you get what you pay for".
ReplyDelete