Since Wes left last Sunday to start work in New York I've decided I'll review all of the fun things we did these last few months. It'll be a better way for me to take a break from studying than my mindless tv watching that I've adopted since Wes has left. So here is a little catch up of our fun doings.
Way back in February we decided to celebrate our 6 month anniversary by finally going to the Nickel Arcade! We have wanted to go pretty much since we started dating (which is almost two years ago!!) and decided that our 6 months was a perfect time to go. Here are a couple of fun pictures.
6 months of marriage and couldn't be happier!
Throughout the semester I continued to travel for lacrosse tournaments, which I wont bore anyone with. Pretty much, we ended ranked 8th in the nation but got cheated out of going to National. I had a wonderful last year of lacrosse. We had horrible heart breaking games but I love my teammates and had wonderful experiences with them. It'll be extremely weird not playing any sports. I have never not been an athlete.
Wes had a wonderful internship at a local advertising company (see previous post about his Burger Brackentology). Everyone loved him and he really enjoyed the projects he was in charge of.
Come April we were joined by lots of family!! We were actually blessed with beautiful weather and were not going to miss the chance to play outside. It was a great excuse for us to pull out our Bocce ball set and we instantly fell in LOVE! Here are some pictures from our intense matches.
My parents really kicked our butts. I had to put this picture of Lenora up because just imagine the sound that comes along with that swing and increase the pitch 4 octaves and you might be near it!
We REALLY get into Bocce ball...especially when Andrew throws the ball the entire length of the park.
Yes, this would be ANOTHER day of Bocce ball.
And again. Yes, we even played in the dark.
The real reason everyone was in Provo was not for the epic Bocce ball battles but for graduation. Wes officially graduated and had his last classes at BYU and I walked with him to celebrate my graduation that will finally come in August! Here are a few pictures, or maybe a little more than a few :)
We began the festivities at Wes' athletes banquet. Wes and Trevor were both high jumpers for BYU's track and field team. Trevor and Burgundy have been our great friends and we wish them well in Chicago!
We began with the massive graduation ceremony in the Marriott Center on Thursday. It was massive and long but a great experience to be a part of.
The next day was the Communications ceremony. The white tassel is for a BA and the yellow is for a BS. I'm graduating in athletic training but chose to walk with Wes instead of separately and I'm glad I chose to do that. It was really fun going through graduation together. Here are some more pictures!
We were blessed to have so much family there to support us.
Yay we made it!
I still can't really believe that we are done with school. That might be because I'm still in classes, but it is super odd that Wes is done with classes and working already! Wes had about three weeks of nothing before he left for New York.
I on the other hand, started classes the Tuesday after graduation. I also started my last clinical assignment with the BYU Men's soccer team. They have practice at 7 am, but despite the time, I really have loved working with them.
While Wes was waiting for New York we decided to do a couple of things in Utah before we moved. We finally went through the Salt Lake Temple which was such a fun experience. We also went to a Real Salt Lake game. My friend is interning as an athletic trainer for them and got us great tickets (thanks again Ashley!). We had a great time despite the 0-0 tie. Again, here are some pictures.
We had other fun dates before he left, but apparently I stopped bringing my camera so that is the end of the review.
Now I'm just going to soccer and classes all day long. I'm becoming very good friends with the Harold B. Lee library. Wes is in New York being all grown up and he already loves his job and is fully back in New York mode. I get to go and visit him in two weeks!! I'll hopefully take a lot of pictures then.
You are now fully updated on the life of the Collett's.


Anna! That's so cute that you and Wes graduated together! Seriously, so presh. It looks like you guys had so much fun in Utah before Wes left! Johnny and I really really wanna go to a Real game, too!
ReplyDeleteThat's quite the review! Nickel arcade, Bocci ball - Good times! We hereby challenge you to a Bocci game!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad you will be moving so far away and not playing lacrosse. :( Sounds like you had tons of fun before he left though!
ReplyDelete